Many homeowners will tell you how emotional it was to buy their first home, but you rarely hear about their experience selling it. It’s only natural to grow attached after creating so many wonderful memories, which can make selling a challenging process.
Fortunately, you’re not in it alone. Together, we can simplify the process and make sure you get top dollar when selling your home.
Let’s get started with some simple do’s and don’ts for selling your first home:
What should you do?
- Get your home ready for the market. We’ll collaborate on strategic repairs and updates, home staging, photography and more options to attract buyers.
- Plan for your next move. We’ll work together to make sure that you’ve got your next home lined up when your current home sells.
- Be aware of your timeline. While our goal is to sell your house fast, you never know what hiccups a buyer might encounter along the way. Being aware of your timeline is essential.
- Prepare to negotiate. After the home inspection, the buyer may ask for repairs or concessions. That’s why it’s always best for you to have a local real estate expert represent you when selling.
What shouldn’t you do?
- Don’t assume you have to sell in the spring. Homes sell every day. In fact, it can often be in your best interest to avoid selling in the spring because you’ll have less competition. Ultimately, the right time to sell is when you’re ready.
- Don’t price based on your emotions. Overpriced homes sit on the market. Your home is a treasure, but you will need to be realistic in your approach when pricing. We’ll review local comps and discuss your home’s market value together.
- Don’t forget to plan for the closing. Closing day requires preparation. It is the moment you have been awaiting. You will need your ID and will spend time reviewing and signing documentation.
Have you been thinking about selling your home? Or are you just curious about what it’s worth in today’s market? Click the link below for an INSTANT and FREE home evaluation
Buck Realty is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give Buck Realty a call today at (334) 569-1480 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.